This chocolate cake is naturally gluten-free with no added gums! It also uses cooked quinoa - how crazy is that!? Whether you are following a gluten-free lifestyle or not, this recipe is too good not to try.
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F and then line two round cake pans with parchement paper.
2) In a food processor or blender, combine the eggs, almond milk (or preferred milk) and vanilla extract then blend for ten seconds to combine. Add the cooked and cooled quinoa along with the melted and cooled butter and coconut oil then blend until completely smooth (this should take about 30 seconds.)
3) Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and mix together until well-combined. Divide the batter between the two pans and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cakes from the oven and set aside to cool.
5) Transfer the cakes to a surface for icing with the bottom side up. I recommend that you only transfer the cakes once as they are fragile and difficult to hold together once removed from the parchment paper.
6) Frost the cake with your favourite gluten-free frosting and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Adopted from makingthymeforhealth.com.