When holidays are upon us, we look to recipes that are easy to make and look impressive on a plate. This delicious dish made with organic mandarins is both!
1) Using a sharp knife, slice tops and bottoms from oranges. Cut off peel and white pith. Set aside.
2) Bring sugar and 3 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add floral liqueur and oranges. Remove from heat; cover and let stand overnight at room temperature.
3) Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Using a slotted spoon, transfer oranges to prepared sheet; reserve syrup. Broil until oranges are browned in spots, 3–4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; set aside.
4) Place cranberries in a small saucepan. Add enough syrup from oranges to cover, reserving the remaining syrup for another use. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until berries are soft and begin to burst, 5–7 minutes.
5) Spoon cranberries with juices over caramelized mandarins. Serve warm or at room temperature.