This creamy vegan potato leek soup is creamy, comforting and filling! It's the perfect choice for those chilly days, too!
2 tbs olive oil
1 small onion , diced
3 Leeks thinly sliced (white & light green part)
12-15 White Nugget Potatoes
3-4 cloves of garlic , minced
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
5 cups vegetable broth
2 bay leaves
1 cup canned coconut milk
1) Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks & onion, sauté until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
2) Add the potatoes, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the vegetable broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Raise heat so it starts to simmer. Now reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
4) Remove from heat and remove bay leaves. Stir in the coconut milk. Taste for seasoning and add more to taste.
5) Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth and creamy. You can also use a regular blender and carefully blend in batches.