This meatless version of Buffalo wings is a delicious way to eat cauliflower that everyone will love! You may even be surprised to discover that you prefer them to chicken wings. It’s the perfect snack for watching a game (or movie), a crowd pleaser at potlucks, and a delicious comfort food all on its own. Serve it up with celery sticks and ranch dip.
1 medium to large head cauliflower, cut into florets
Olive oil to drizzle
2 teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon melted butter (use coconut oil for a vegan option)
½ to ¾ cup Buffalo Wing Style hot sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets into a very large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over florets to barely coat.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss ingredients around until all florets are evenly coated.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, turning florets once during baking. Check them at the 10 minute mark for desired tenderness. You don't want them to be soggy!
- Remove from oven and pour into a large bowl. Melt 1 Tablespoon butter and add ½ to ¾ cup hot sauce. Pour butter and sauce mixture over florets, stir to coat evenly, then return florets back to baking sheet.
- Return to oven and cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with celery sticks and any dip you like. Classic pairings are ranch dressing or blue cheese dip.